Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Week 6 Recap

18 Oct 2006


week 6 recap
Category: Sports

Week 6 recap

Puke! What was that? Don't they read this blog? I said the game was a must-win. They played like it was recess with a Nerf turbo. Sure we had a lot of injuries but we still lost to a winless team with a sixth-round rookie quarterback. I'm tired of us not playing up to our ability.

The defense played well enough to win. My boy Brooks looks more ready for this league than I thought. He's as big, fast, and athletic as advertised. I'd say he's still raw, but I've seen some encouraging stuff from that kid. Especially if we're looking at a future without Odell. Kasevaharn took a bad angle on the long Cadillac run, but overall he continues to be a serviceable replacement. How about Simmons not playing? None of the projected starters are able to play now. Jeanty's out, Nicholson's out. When will it stop? I'm gonna avoid the Justin Smith penalty call and focus instead on how none of the other d-lineman are getting any pass rush. What happened with Geathers? He looked so good in the pre-season and against KC only to get garbage rushes made possible by the secondary and J. Smith. I see us blitz some secondary and outside linebackers occasionally, but they always get picked up on blocks. Tori James continues to look increasingly useless and Jonathan Joseph just looks good. Yes he dropped a pick but that's correctable. Being slow isn't, Tori.

Offensively, I want to break things watching so much talent go to waste. Notice when we do throw deep, even into double coverage, it works out. Carson tries to perfect on every throw. His receivers are amazing! They'll make plays. Just throw it to them for Christ's sakes. I agree that our line looks mediocre at best, but I blame Carson for not adjusting. How tired are you of hearing him say "I have to get the ball out sooner" every frickin week? Do it, dammit. I also want to blast Bratkowski for a while. Why call a sweep to Rudi twice on first down? Why not just once, take a shot at throwing the ball near or across the first down marker on third and long? The shovel pass to Chatman or Watson or whoever doesn't keep drives going. Again, just allow the receivers to be spectacular. You saw the Housh catch. He's better than anybody around the league give him credit for. I hate to use the term, but he really is a 'gamer'. He can outjump any corner in the league and I feel he's been our best player this season.

Overall, I think our attitude as a team needs grounding. The whole game it seemed like we assumed we had the game in hand and no matter what transpired we'd come out okay. We fucked around and blew it. Chad should shave the mohawk and get down business (Ned gets credit for the previous suggestion). Carson and Bratkowski need to simplify things and assume the line cant protect all that well. Gameplan accordingly, take more shots, have Rudi run between the tackles and allow him to wear out a defense. In the 2nd half Sunday he was rolling over those defensive lineman. It's like we don't use him properly. And lastly, the penalties have to stop. There are a lot of replacements playing for us right now. Some mistakes will happen, but I don't want to hear that shit. This is the NFL. Do it right or hire somebody that will.

Mojokong - pissed

No comments: